Divan is a simple blogging platform that is included with Diva as an example application.
It supports comments with OpenID authentication, pingbacks, Atom feeds for the whole blog, individual categories, and comments, and the Atom publishing protocol. It does not provide a HTML-based interface for authoring entries, nor does it support the XML-RPC based MetaWeblog API.
You'll need Diva, CouchDB (0.8 or later), and CouchDB-Python (trunk) installed. CouchDB needs to be running, and it needs to contain an empty database named "divan" (the name can be changed using a config option, see below).
Change into the examples/divan directory in the Diva source, and run:
$ PYTHONPATH=. ./divan/app.py -v [INFO] diva.server: Serving <__main__.Blog object at 0x5c0290> on 127.0.0.1:8080
This will install (or update) the view definitions in the database, and run the web application on http://localhost:8080/.
See the DevelopmentServer page for more server options.
In addition to the core Diva options, Divan can be customized using the following options:
- Name of the author of the blog
- Email address of the blog author
- Name of the blog
- URI of the CouchDB database (for example http://127.0.0.1:5984/myblog/)
- Path to a local directory where media resources (managable via AtomPub) are stored. If not set, media collection management is not provided.
- The email address that moderation notification mails should be sent to